To install the Keycafe SmartBox, open the packaging and compare the provided components with the listed items on the Installation Guide.
The SmartBox installation guide is included inside the SmartBox package. Additionally, you can download the guide.
After ensuring that your SmartBox set is complete, proceed with the following steps:
1. Take the power supply out, attach the appropriate plug, and connect to a power source.
A Note About the SmartBox Wall-Mount Lock
The SmartBox wall-mount lock requires power to open and be able to remove the SmartBox from its mount. To ensure your SmartBox can be unlocked, take the power supply out as the first step. Next, attach the appropriate plug, connect to a power source, and test the wall-mount lock prior to fixing The SmartBox to the wall-mount backplate.
2. Once plugged-in, the SmartBox starts an initialization process to set up and connect to the cellular network. This process can take up to 10 minutes.
3. After the initialization process has been completed, follow the Connectivity steps to find an environment with a strong signal reception.
Mounting the Backplate on Drywall
4. Locate a stud in the drywall using a stud finder.
A Note About Safety
To ensure the stability of the SmartBox on the wall, the backplate must be mounted on a stud.
5. Line up at least one column of the backplate holes on the stud.
American Disabilities Act (ADA) Guidelines
To ensure that the SmartBox is accessible to all users, please follow the ADA guidelines:
Mount the bottom of the backplate 46" (116 cm) from the ground. Both standing and seated users must be able to reach the touch screen.
Have a minimum ground clearance of 30" (76 cm) by 48" (122 cm) for both front-access and side-access in front of the SmartBox.
Limit the number of barriers that could prevent users from reaching and viewing the SmartBox screen.
Click here to learn more about the ADA specifications for interactive kiosks.
6. Place the backplate on the wall, use a level to ensure the backplate is aligned properly, and mark each hole with a pencil. Remove the backplate.
7. Drill holes (x size drill bit) on the marks that you have made on the wall.
8. Prepare the backplate by removing all the butterfly nuts from the drywall screws and inserting the screws through the hole in the backplate before re-attaching the butterfly bolts on the other side. Leave the holes that will line up with the stud empty.
A Note on Mounting
For safety purposes, please make sure to use all the holes on the sides, top, and bottom of the backplate.
9. Line up the backplate holes with the holes on the wall and insert the screws in the holes.
10. Twist the butterfly screws until they are tight.
11. Drill the wood screws in the holes aligned with the stud.
A Note on Non Drywall Surfaces
If you are mounting to a different wall type, such as brick, cement, or metal, please purchase the appropriate hardware to mount.
Mounting the SmartBox
After securing the backplate to the wall, proceed to place the SmartBox on the backplate.
12. Ensure the system is connected to the power outlet and it is online.
Managing the Power Cord
If you need longer power cord, remove the clamp holding the extra cord inside the chassis at the bottom left area and pull out the cord to the desired length and then tighten the clamp.
13. Ensure that all the wires are tucked inside the chassis of the SmartBox.
14. Lift up the SmartBox and line up the backplate teeth with the indents along the sides of the SmartBox.
15. Press forward onto the backplate teeth and let the SmartBox slide down gently. The lock will then click into place.
16. Using the included wire hiders and joints, secure the power cord to the wall.