In this article:
Welcome to Keycafe! This quickstart guide will show you how you can easily create and share access to your keys using the Keycafe system.
Register a Keycafe account
For more detailed instructions, visit Registering an Account.
Create your key
Using the Keycafe mobile or desktop application, create a key:
- Select +Add.
- Select Key.
- Enter a name for your key. This is the name that will be used to identify the key and will be visible to all users of the key.
- Enter a description for the key (optional). Only administrators of the key will see this.
- Select Add Key to complete.
For more detailed instructions, visit Adding a Key.
Set up & drop off your key
- Go to a Keycafe SmartBox location and select the Keys menu section on the Keycafe Mobile App.
- Select the key you want to set up, and select Setup Key with Fob.
- Select the Setup Key button and select the SmartBox location where you are setting up the key.
- Input the access code shown on your phone on the SmartBox touch screen, and follow the instructions on the SmartBox.
- A key bin containing Keycafe fobs will open. Grab a fob, attach it to your keys, and close the fob bin door.
- Scan the fob on the SmartBox as instructed to finish setting up your keys.
Create a booking
Using the Keycafe mobile or desktop application, give a visitor access to your key:
- Select +Add.
- Select One-Time Booking.
- Select the key you would like to share.
- Enter the email or mobile number of your visitor.
- Modify the access details like the dates of access and access language instructions, before selecting the Add button.
For more detailed instructions, visit Creating a Booking.