In this article:
Refer to SmartBox Installation for full details
The video and instructions here only cover the Outdoor Enclosure. For full details on installing your SmartBox including internet connectivity, see SmartBox Installation.
- Determine a location for your outdoor SmartBox installation with access to power and internet signal.
- Mark the wall at the top of the SmartBox 1" in from the left side.
- Make another mark 3.75" down from the initial mark.
Hanging the Enclosure
- Drill a screw into the mark from step 3. Make sure to use the appropriate anchor for your wall type.
- Hang the enclosure on the screw using the top left hole in the back.
- Use a level to straighten out the enclosure and mark the top of the hole parallel to the screw.
- Drill a screw into the mark, then hang the enclosure on the two screws.
Drilling in the Backplate
- Mark the holes that you will screw your SmartBox backplate into. We recommend using at least the outer holes at the sides, top, and bottom.
- Take the enclosure off the wall and install the appropriate anchors into each mark.
- Hang the enclosure back on the wall, then hang your SmartBox backplate on the enclosure using the studs sticking out of the enclosure.
- Drill screws into each of the anchors you installed.
Hanging the SmartBox
- Once you've confirmed your SmartBox is connected to the internet and the electronic lock is functioning, hang your SmartBox onto the backplate.