How the SmartBox Connects
The MS3 series SmartBoxes can connect to the cloud using an Ethernet connection. A connection is necessary for the SmartBox to function. Once set up, the device will check in to the Keycafe server on a regular basis and you will be notified if it loses its connection. We provide a number of tools to monitor the signal of your SmartBoxes so you can optimize and understand the connectivity of each of your SmartBoxes over time.
Importance of Connection Quality
Most operating aspects of the SmartBox require an internet connection, including key exchanges and diagnostic reporting to your account. Every SmartBox will have a different quality of connection based on your Ethernet connection.
Connecting the Ethernet cable
- Remove the backplate from your SmartBox.
- Remove the screws from the console cover, exposing the Ethernet port.
- Plug in your Ethernet cable and route the wire down into the cutout.
- Replace the console cover and screws.
- Route the cable down into one of the holes at the bottom of the SmartBox.
- Plug the other end of your Ethernet cable into a router.
Enabling Ethernet in the app
- Login to the Keycafe mobile app on a bluetooth-enabled Smartphone.
- Select More.
- Select SmartBox Connect.
- Select Ready.
- Scan the QR code of the side of the SmartBox.
- Select Clear WiFi Credentials.
Testing the connection
- Press the small black button on the SmartBox console to reset the unit.
- Tap the home screen and it will should show Ethernet as the connection.
If the SmartBox screen is not showing Ethernet as the connection, redo the steps for Enabling Ethernet in the app and reset the system again.