This article contains instructions for the latest MS5E-42 Expansion SmartBox.
See this article for previous SmartBox model installation instructions.
In this article:
- Installation Manual Download
- Video Installation Guide
- Written Installation Guide
Installation Manual Download
Video Installation Guide
Written Installation Guide
1. What's Included in the Box?
|Drywall Toggle Bolt
|Toggle Bolt Wing
|Pack of 50 Fobs
|PoE Ethernet Cable
2. Placement Considerations
When mounting your MS5E-42 SmartBox, there are four major placement considerations that will ensure you get the optimal performance and longevity out of your system.
The SmartBox must be installed with screws onto wooden studs minimum size 2” x 4” (5cm x 10 cm) or concrete block minimum thickness 8” (20cm). Ensure the power outlet, environment and installation approach meets all requirements and standards in accordance with documentation available at www.keycafe.com as well as local laws, regulations and guidelines related to fixed installations. Always install with 2 people to prevent dropping the SmartBox with cables attached.
Install in a well-lit, surveilled area to reduce the risk of theft or vandalism. The Keycafe SmartBox is a convenient way to manage key access and can be damaged or broken into if left unattended in unsecured areas.
The installation area should consider all users of the SmartBox so they can reach all bins, the scanner and keypad, as well as continued accessibility of pathways and halls the SmartBox is installed into. We recommend at a minimum adhering to US ADA guidelines which recommend the max height of the top of the SmartBox to be 48” (122cm) from the floor and a minimum of 48” (75cm) of obstruction-free space in front, but you should also check any local regulations or guidelines that may be applicable to your installation.
If you have purchased expansion units or plan to in the future, keep in mind the space required for them. Each MS5E-18 requires a min of 11.4” x 23.3” (29cm x 59cm) area to install. Each MS5E-42 requires a min of 23.8" x 23.3" (60.5cm x 59cm). You can mount expansions on either side of the base station.
3. Mount the Backplate on the Wall
A Note About Safety and Wall Types
To ensure the stability of the SmartBox on drywall, the backplate must be mounted to a stud. If you are mounting to a different wall type, such as brick, cement, or metal, please purchase the appropriate hardware to mount.
- Locate a stud in the drywall using a stud finder.
- Line up at least one column of the backplate holes on the stud.
- Place the backplate on the wall, use a level to ensure the backplate is aligned properly, and mark each hole with a pencil. Remove the backplate.
- Drill holes (3/8" size drill bit) on the marks that you have made on the wall.
- Prepare the backplate by inserting the drywall toggle bolts (C) through the holes you are using in the backplate and threading the toggle bolt wings (E) on the other side. Leave the holes that will line up with the stud empty.
- Line up the backplate holes with the holes on the wall and insert the toggle bolts into the drywall.
- Drill the bolts until they are tight with the wings firmly against the drywall. You may need to lightly pull the backplate towards yourself to create tension between the wings and drywall.
- Drill the wood screws (D) in the holes aligned with the stud.
4. Mount the SmartBox
- Lift up the SmartBox and line up the backplate teeth with the slots in the back of the SmartBox.
- Press forward onto the backplate teeth and let the SmartBox slide down gently. The lock will then click into place.
5. Connect the SmartBox
How are Expansion SmartBoxes Powered?
Expansion SmartBoxes receive their power from the Base SmartBox through the PoE (Power over Ethernet) cable. When installing multiple Expansions, the second plugs into the first, the third plugs into the second, and so on - creating a chain that ends at the Base SmartBox.
- Take out the PoE Ethernet cable (E) and plug one end into the green expansion out port of the MS5E-42 Expansion SmartBox.
- Plug the other end of the cable into the orange expansion in port of the MS5 Base SmartBox, or if this is an expansion SmartBox beyond the first, plug it into the orange expansion in port of the previous Expansion SmartBox in the chain.
- If installing the final Expansion SmartBox in the chain, plug in the termination dongle (F) to the unused orange expansion in port.
Avoid Expansion Mix-Ups!
Whether you're installing your Expansion SmartBoxes to the right or left of the Base SmartBox, always plug green into orange and vice-versa. This means if your Expansion units are to the left of your Base unit, the cables should cross each other.
6. Add the SmartBox to Your Account
- Mobile app: Tap More, Private Locations, then tap the location you wish to add the SmartBox to.
- Desktop app: Click Locations, then click the location you wish to add the SmartBox to..
- Select Add SmartBox.
- Enter the serial number found near the bottom of the right side of the SmartBox and select Link.
- Your SmartBox will now appear as a linked SmartBox in the location.
Naming Your SmartBox
To rename your SmartBox:
- Select the link icon of the newly linked SmartBox, then About SmartBox.
- Select Edit, then enter a new name and select Save.
7. Test the SmartBox
It's important to test the SmartBox bins and wall-mount lock to ensure smooth key management.
- Mobile app: Tap More, SmartBoxes, then the SmartBox you just added.
- Desktop app: Click SmartBoxes, then the SmartBox you just added.
- Select Troubleshoot, Dismount SmartBox, then One-Touch Unlock.
- Press the button that appears on the Base SmartBox screen. If you hear the lock on the back retract, proceed. If the lock does not retract, try again or contact Keycafe Support.
- Navigate back to the SmartBoxes menu, then select the Base SmartBox of your location.
- Select Troubleshoot, Open All Bins, then One-Touch Open All.
- Press the button that appears on the Base SmartBox screen, and the bins will open one by one, starting with the Base SmartBox. Note that a pause in bins opening between SmartBoxes is normal. If all bins open, your SmartBox is ready for use. If there is an issue with a bin, try again or contact Keycafe Support.
You're All Set!
Your installation is complete! See our SmartBox Owner Guide for next steps.