In this article:
Time Shifts are a feature only available to enterprise users on the Premium plan.
What are time shifts?
Time shifts are a convenient way for administrators to limit a user's key access to a pre-specified time frame, such as normal business hours or a night shift. They can be applied anytime a user is granted exchange-only access to a key or group of keys.
How to add a time shift
- Log in to Keycafe desktop or on mobile.
- Select More in the menu.
- Select Advanced.
- Select Time Shifts.
- Select Add Time Shift Profile.
- Enter a Name for the profile.
- Add the days and corresponding hours you'd like to grant permission for.
Pre-made Business Hours time shift
You'll notice there is a Business Hours time shift already created by default. It is meant as an example, and can be used, edited, or deleted as you wish.
Overnight time shifts
To create an overnight time shift that spans over two days, set the first day to end at 23:59 and begin the second day at 00:00.
How to assign a time shift
- Select Users from the menu.
- Select the user you'd like to edit permissions for.
- Select Key Permissions.
- Select the edit icon for the key you'd like to edit.
- Under the Permitted Times dropdown, select your time shift.
- Select Update.